Some of our customers have told us that they found it hard to decide which Blue Badge Protector was most suitable for them. I’ve decided to highlight the differences between the three sizes and hopefully help you make the right decision.
We have 3 sizes of Blue Badge Protectors:
Single – Secures your Blue Badge from theft whilst in use.
Double – Secures both your Blue Badge and Timer Clock from theft whilst in use.
Large – For the newly issued Blue Badges that come in the large plastic pale blue wallet, this holds the Blue Badge and Timer Clock as issued and secures them both from theft whilst in use.
The Single Blue Badge Protector measures approximately 19.5cm x 13.5cm This is the best option for you if:
- You only want to secure your Blue Badge from theft and not a Timer Clock as well.
- You would like to store this in your handbag, glove box or car door when not in use (Please note, we recommend you never leave your Blue Badge in your car unsecured, even when not in use).
- You live in Scotland where a Timer Clock is not required.
- You have a limited budget, the Single protector is the lowest priced protector.
The Double Blue Badge Protector measures approximately 30.5cm x 13 cm. This is the most suitable option for you if:
- You would like to secure both the Blue Badge and Timer Clock together but as separate units so you can choose when you need to include the Timer Clock.
- You have been issued your Blue Badge and Timer Clock separately...
The Large Blue Badge Protector measures approximately 39cm x 13.5cm. This is the most suitable option for you if:
- You were issued your Blue Badge and Timer Clock in the pale blue plastic wallet.
- You are happy to store it under your car seat or in the boot when not in use as it is large and will not fit in a glove box or car door (unless you have a tractor of course!)
The biggest confusion seems to be between the Double Blue Badge Protector and the Large Blue Badge Protector. Let me illustrate why you do not need a Large Protector if you were issued your Blue Badge and Timer Clock separately. If you purchase a Large Protector and have the separate Blue Badge and Timer Clock there will be too much space left and the clock and Blue Badge will move around inside, it will not be possible to adjust the time on the Timer Clock whilst in the sleeve as shown below:
You will need a Double Blue Badge Protector so your Tier Clock will fit snugly in to place allowing you to adjust the time and your Blue Badge will fit neatly next to it:
To paraphrase Blue Peter, here are some images we prepared earlier with the keys facts about each of the Blue Badge Protectors.
Please remember that we are always here to help you without obligation, so if you need further assistance with your purchase of a Blue Badge Protector please contact us by filling in our contact form HERE.