Have you ever written your Christmas cards then failed to actually get them in the post? Me too! This year I decided I’m going to get them in the post and sent ON TIME.
The children have been very willing, signing their names about what feels like a billion times in the cards and now it’s my turn to get them sent. So when is the last date for Royal Mail Christmas post? All your Christmas posting questions answered below! You’re welcome ;)
When is last post date for First Class? Wednesday 18th December
When is last post date for Second Class? Friday 20th December
When is last post date for Special Delivery? Monday 23rd December
When will Royal Mail be delivering over the holiday period?
There will be no delivery and collection service from Christmas Day through to Boxing day, however normal service will resume on Friday, December 27.
On New Year's Day there will be no deliveries or collections. In Scotland, January 2 is a bank holiday so there will be no deliveries or collections north of the border.
Posting Abroad? Here are the last post dates for the Airmail service:
- Monday, December 9 for Africa, Asia, Caribbean, Central and South America, Far and Middle East
- Tuesday, December 10for Cyrpus and Malta
- Wednesday, December 11 for Eastern Europe (except Czech Republic, Poland and Slovakia)
- Thursday, December 12for Greece, Turkey, Australia and New Zealand
- Saturday, December 14for the Czech Republic, Finland, Italy, Poland, Sweden, Canada and USA
- Monday, December 16for Austria, Denmark, Germany, Iceland, Portugal, Netherlands, Norway, Slovakia, Switzerland and Spain
- Wednesday, December 18for Belgium, France, Ireland and Luxembourg
When is the last date for sending to HM Forces using BFPO?
Unfortunately the date for operational BFPOs is already passed but you can still send to static BFPO addresses until Friday 13th December.
Good luck in all your Christmas posting, I'll let you know if I get mine in on time for a change or if find mine on my desk in January!