We have supported and followed the wonderful team at Disability Horizons for many years now so were thrilled when they announced they were planning a new online shop and wanted us to be one of their carefully selected and trusted suppliers.
Over the years they have seen how great products and services can really improve a disabled person’s life. But they need to be the right products, with the perfect balance of usefulness and style.
So they decided that there was a real need for a curated range of disability products, all from trusted suppliers and selected through a combination of recommendations from their community of readers and their own experiences over the years.
On some of the bigger sites, products can get lost in thousands of listings or have ‘fly-by-night’ sellers touting fake or inferior goods. Everything on their shop is from credible suppliers they know, with good reputations for quality and service, such as Blue Badge Protector!
Disability Horizons Shop aims to:
- Provide a place for disabled people to find the products they need to make their life easier.
- Supply high-quality products from trusted suppliers.
- Be customer-focused and responsive to our community’s opinions of products.
- Be the platform for small or new retailers and designers to showcase their products, with a particular focus on disabled entrepreneurs and companies that have been created to help a disabled friend or relative meet a need.
- Support wider Disability Horizons initiatives – creating advice and entertainment content to show disabled people and the world what is possible, offering support and training to disabled people, and liaising with companies to foster inclusion.
Sam Renke accessible handbag, available in a range of colours, and suitable for anyone with mobility problems, dexterity issues and/or sight loss.
Companies and disabled entrepreneurs
Disability Horizons have sourced the best UK retailers and entrepreneurs to provide products for our community. Through years of work, they have developed contacts with companies in the UK disability and healthcare sectors, such as Blue Badge Protector.
Disability Horizons want to both offer the community ingenious products that will make a difference to their lives, as well as support disabled entrepreneurs who are starting out.
Take at look at all they have to offer by following this link: